In Town Events
- 29- Ignite the Night Tower Lighting presented by the Tower of Americas at 7pm. Proceeds from the annual pink lighting of the tower benefit the Susan G Komen Foundation. Tickets and sponsorships can be purchased at komensanantonio.org.
October – Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Save the World Brewery will be producing pink beer cans and carton in October. ABCF along with two other charities will benefit from the sale of the beer. You can purchase the beer at HEB or liqueur stores.*
- 5-SCUCISD Dig for a Cure!! Steele@Clemens. 9A@5pm,9B@6pm, JV@5:30pm & Varsity @7pm
- 5- Zombies Bar Fundraiser for ABCF. For ages 21 and up. 10 pm – 2 am. *
- 18- 15th Annual Dinner Women in Medicine and Law benefitting the National Susan G. Komen Foundation at Holy Trinity Banquet Hall, 20523 Huebner, 78258 beginning at 6pm.
- 20- Together in TEAL Run/Walk to break the silence on Ovarian Cancer at Mission County Park. Register
- 25- Alamo Breast Cancer Foundation Outreach Program “Healthy Women Make Healthy Communities” will be held at the Neighborhood Place from 9:00 am until 1:00 pm. Free screening mammograms will be provided for low income, uninsured women. A breast cancer awareness program will begin at 10:00 am. For more information contact Dale Eastman.
- 10- UT Women’s Comprehensive Health Institute, The Witte Museum from 7:00am until 12:00noon. Please contact Dale Eastman to volunteer for shift (1) from 7:00am until 7:00am until 9:30am or shift (2) 9:30am until 12:00noon.
Out of Town Events
- 4-5 -14th Annual Texas Breast Health Collaborative, Title-“The Art & Science of Survivorship” will be held at the Norris Conference Center, Town & Country Blvd at TX-I10E. For more information call 713-777-3200 or email email@example.com
- 18-20 -FORCEs Against Hereditary Cancer if holding it’s 11th annual conference at the Sheraton Harborside and Marina Hotel, 1380 Harbor Island, San Diego, CA. Registration before August 10 is $100 after is $125. For more information go to firstname.lastname@example.org
Diva Calendar DIVA provides free exercise, nutrition and artful healing programs for breast cancer patients and survivor