Application process is closed.
2018 applicants must meet and agree to the following scholarship qualifications before completing and submitting the application. These are considered partial scholarships and may or may not cover your entire trip.
- Only applicants who have not received this scholarship within the past 5 years are eligible.
- Must be at least 1 year out of primary breast cancer treatment
- If international advocate, must speak fluent English and must hold a valid passport and necessary visas to travel to and from the U.S.
- Must have completed NBCC’s Project LEAD Scientific Institute or have scientific knowledge of breast cancer through various programs, including but not limited to AACR Science – Survivor program, Research Advocacy Network’s RAN scholarship recipient, or oncology nurse specializing in breast cancer patient programs. Or you must describe your scientific qualifications in breast cancer.
- Must be a member of a Not-For-Profit cancer patient advocacy group that demonstrates a charitable mission, is engaged in patient advocacy activities, and provides programs, services, and support for people with breast cancer.
- The application must be completed and submitted by August 31, 2018, Central Time.
- Each application will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- All decisions are final. ABCF will not enter into any discussions regarding its decision.
- Recipients are responsible for making their own travel and hotel arrangements, either on their own or by using the SABCS services for hotel and travel.
- Upon formal acceptance of their attendance scholarship, recipients are committed to attend the SABCS.
- In the event that the recipient is no longer able to attend, they must immediately inform ABCF. Attendance scholarships are non-transferable.
If an applicant receives travel, hotel, or SABCS/Patient Advocacy Program attendance funding from any other source (the entire amount), they must inform ABCF at the earliest possible opportunity and immediately withdraw their application.
Attendance and Work Requirements:
Must attend the entire SABCS from December 3 – 9, 2018
-Orientation and Welcome Dinner on December 3, 2018
-Project LEAD Advanced Topics education session on December 4, 2018
-AACR-ABCF Special Education Session at lunch on December 5, 2018
–Hot Topic Mentor Sessions on December 6, 7, and 8, 2018
-AACR-ABCF-FDA Session at lunch on December 6, 2018
Must write a paper assigned that will be assigned to you prior to the SABCS and due by January 5, 2019.
Scholarships will be awarded in the following amounts top those who meet the qualifications and are selected:
- Texas resident: $1,200
- U.S. Resident: $1,700
- Canada, Alaska, Hawaii Puerto Rico: $2,200
- International $2,700
PLEASE NOTE: All scholarships are taxable in the United States and are listed in U.S. currency.