2019 applicants must agree to the following scholarship requirements before completing and submitting the application. These are considered partial scholarships and may or may not cover your entire trip. Scholarship funds will be distributed once all receipts for reimbursement are received and reviewed.
- Only applicants who have not received this scholarship within the past 5 years are eligible
- Must be at least 1 year out of primary breast cancer treatment
- If international must speak fluent English and must hold a valid passport and necessary visas to travel to and from the US.
- Must have completed NBCC’s Project LEAD Scientific Institute or have scientific knowledge of breast cancer through various programs, including but not limited to AACR Science Survivor Program, Research Advocacy Network RAN Scholarships or oncology nurse specializing in breast cancer. OR you must describe your scientific qualifications in breast cancer.
- Must be a member of a Non-Profit patient advocacy organization that demonstrates a charitable, mission, is engaged in patient advocacy activities and provides programs, services and support for people with breast cancer.
- The application must be completed and submitted no later than 10:00 pm (22:00) Central Time on August 31, 2019.
- Each application will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- All decisions are final. ABCF will not enter into any discussions regarding its decision.
- Recipients are required to make their own arrangements (registration, travel, hotel) either on their own or by using the SABCS services for hotel and travel.
- Upon formal acceptance of their attendance scholarship recipients are committed to attend the SABCS.
- In the event that the recipient is no longer able to attend, they must immediately inform ABCF. Scholarships are not transferable.
Attendance and Work Requirements:
- Must attend the entire SABCS from December 9, – 14 2019.
- Must attend required events
Scholarships will be awarded in the following amounts top those who meet the qualifications and are selected:
- Texas resident: $1,200
- U.S. Resident: $1,700
- Canada, Alaska, Hawaii Puerto Rico: $2,200
- International $2,700
PLEASE NOTE: All scholarships are taxable in the United States and are listed in U.S. currency.